Suggested Highly Effective Taming Tips
ARK: Survival Evolved is a highly cooperative game and to tackle rare dinosaurs, you will probably need either a tribe or a lot of time and dedication for it. Many players have been asking on forums for tips on how to increase the Taming Effectiveness when attempting more difficult dinosaurs. In this section, we will break down a few important key steps or tips to have an easier time taming dinosaurs.
Save tranquilizer darts for rare/difficult dinosaurs
TIP 1: Try not to spam the tranquilizer darts
shoot them with intervals of about 5 seconds as they are about they near unconsciousness
Multiple arrows will stack torpor so try not to over-harm the dinosaurs
You’ll also waste your darts
Hitting on the head does more damage so if you want to control damage, hit the body
TIP 2: Use easier methods for easier dinosaurs
If you’re a frugal person like me, I suggest saving darts for more difficult dinosaurs
Use a weapon/bare hands to save resources
Use Kibbles for higher Taming Effectiveness (T.E.)
TIP 3: Know your kibbles (Use preferred kibble)
- Different type of kibbles have different effects on each dinosaur (Look up this guide: http://ark.gamepedia.com/Kibble)
- Results in higher affinity, saves time, and better stats.
TIP 4: Farming Raw Prime Meat
- Step 1: Ensure quick transfer to fridge. Raw Prime meat spoils fast so you will either want your tribe to help you transfer the meat back while you farm or build a base nearby your farming area.
- Step 2: Use a tamed T-Rex to hunt. Try farming Brontosaurus/Stegosurus as some players have had an easier time getting meat from them
- Save time: Do it while you’re taming a dinosaur. You can run back and forth farming for prime meat and taming a dinosaur nearby
*Note: Always, always, carry spares in case of an emergency or a mistake!
Protect your buddy
TIP 5: Protect your dinosaur
Carnivores/Other players: Build a fence/base to protect your dinosaur. If interrupted, all your hard work will go to waste! (this is the same if it wakes up due to insufficient narcotics)
Get a team to protect/care for high level dinosaurs
TIP 6: Teamwork is key
For some cases, having a team is good to ensure that the dinosaur is fed continuously and does not starve and for protection when you are offline.
- Also sometimes it can get really long and boring doing it alone. So why not grab a friend and tame it together
So that's it from us! Good luck taming and hunting out there and let us know in the comments below if you have additional tips. Check out our blog for more news and tips on the latest games.
Also if you haven't seen our Podcast yet, Goat Gaming, head over there now! Matt G. and Matt L. have covered more tips on the latest games like ARK, PVZ and many more. Check out their reviews on the games there.
Continue gaming strong!